Best of Google Products and their uses

‘Hey! I need to find some webpage related with medical books. Do you mind telling me if you know any?’ I asked to one of my friends during my medical schooling. ‘Google it.´ he suggested me in surprise. He was utterly surprised, to know that I didn’t know about Google search.

When I was in Medical school I didn’t know the search engine named Google. Now, less than in a decade I don’t know if there is any other search engine which can quench my thirst of searches and curiosities. Google products, these days, are the only applications I use so often that I can not even imagine my days without.

googleMe
I use so many of Google services like Google search, Gmail, Google documents, Google maps, YouTube, Google earth, Chrome web browser for obvious purposes, as for example.
2116296365_53c43503c8
Here are top products and reasons how and why I have been using Google services during all those periods of my extreme curiosities and personal needs:

1. Power of search
Being a medical student, I needed to search, collect information from variety of sources. I needed to do researches, make presentations, collect recent advances and updates on given topic(s). Search engines were needed , and Google did the best for me—organized search. It would have never been possible for me to go directly to the home page of particular site, if there were not the Google. I didn’t know any search engine then. There are several alternatives like Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo as for example.
2. All about communication
We are human. Communication is what makes us different from other animals. It is equally important for medical students. We need to communicate with friends, professors, inside and outside the country. As a matter of fact, I am from underdeveloped country, and sending and receiving paper mail is only option then, and sending mail to someone or somewhere outside the country is unimaginable. Gmail was a blessing for me though there were many other email services available like Hotmail, and Yahoo. Five GB of free ever increasing storage for my huge collections of emails and subscriptions, function of archiving whatever I have in inbox to make it clean, and integration of power of search engine in the mail were enough to hold me on to use Gmail.
3. Word processing like Microsoft office
I could easily work with word documents right from Google account. I could prepare the document, create PowerPoint online and sheets and still more; I could  save them. I could view, edit, and share documents with friends and could view PDF without needing any additional PDF viewers. Furthermore, I could upload or download documents of various format right from the browser.

4.You walk with Google Maps
I was in Europe and USA for my exchange program and pursuit of residency respectively. I needed to travel a lot for obvious reasons. It is difficult to plan the tour without prior knowledge about the place where I was going. The approximate time of travel, different stations and directions, they are all need to be productive and to make life bit easier. Just simply putting the destination from the current position I could plan the tour and make life easier, being productive at the same time. I was tourist, and without doubt I needed help with the maps. And then, I loved Google.
5. YouTube
‘Do you have any video demonstrating intravenous cannulation for my presentation in resuscitation?’ I asked to my Professor of emergency medicine expecting his materials for the presentation. ‘Watch in YouTube’, he suggested. I guess that was a wonderful suggestion for me during my internship rotation in emergency department to find any kind of videos that I want to watch which I could use for various presentations  and teaching and learning activities. Besides, I could enjoy the time and refresh every time.
6. Chrome
I have lesser of patience with anything. I want immediate response, and results for my queries and inputs. Chrome web browser is the fastest of all browsers, and it is up to my expectation. Fast, secure and enjoyable at the same time. So many web applications, and extensions to play with; making web browsing productive and fun at the same time. I needed to spend so many long hours in internet, and chrome made it all so fun.
7. Google Voice                    
                                                                        
I didn’t have cell phone during initial days in US. I needed to called to different institutions, hospitals and contact persons for one reason or the other. Google voice did a wonderful job for me. It did it, above all, free of cost. I called to so many people using this service, without any need of cellular phone. I used to call a friend in Canada. Google voice is yet another internet application which made my life so hassle free. I could concentrate on my work rather than thinking all the time of the cost and limiting calls to important one.


There are still many more services which I will include in days to come. Keep watch my blog.

There are so many exciting, spell bounding, and informative internet services provided by so many good providers; like Microsoft, and Yahoo. Yet, Google services are the only services which I enjoy so much using it. Simply from emailing to family or co-workers, to searching the map to make brief tour, it has made my life far better.

1 comment:

  1. Very useful tips about the Google products. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

So, What have you to say after reading this blog? Was it helpful? Do you have any suggestions? Do you need more clarification/s on any topic/s other than this? Please leave me a message.